Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Fun week in Elko Nevada

We still need to edit the video for Pacific City and Bend Oregon, but we have been having so much fun at our daughter and son-in-laws home (Ronnie & Melissa's) in Spring Creek (Just outside of Elko) that I couldn't help but to edit this video first.



As most of you know Ronnie is a master mechanic and has built and restored several classic cars in his shop over the years, so naturally we took a couple of them to the Elko Car Show this week-end. I got to drive the Camero again and I was a little braver this week. It's been a long time since loud exhaust pipes and shifting gears was something I cared much about but that all changed this week. It may look mild in the video but for a 70 year old man, it was a real blast (Thanks Ronnie)

Ronnie was partners with one of his friends on a Monster Truck and although he sold his instrest to his partner Rick several years ago, he still helps him out with it at different car shows if he has some free time. This week-end Rick needed Ron to help him take the hugh tires off and put the regular sized tires on so he could load it into the truck to take to the next show. So Ronnie asked if I would be able to help, of course I was just in the way, but Ron figured I would like to see how it was done and it was pretty fun. I wore gloves but I barley got them dirty as I mainly just shot video and talked on the phone, but the video is fun to watch if you haven't ever seen it done before. Rick almost knocked the Roll Bars off, but luckily for Rick, Ronnie noticed it and stopped him just before he hit the top of the trailer. It would have made great video though.

We went to a sushi place so Ronnie, Melissa, Alex and his girl friend Nicole could all eat sushi. Pearl and I just ate some chicken and watched Ronnie eat Wasabi. We always love to watch him since he just keeps putting more on until it pretty much burns a hole in his nasal cavity. A little video is included so you get a feel for what I'm talking about.

The bottom line is, we had a really great time and hope you enjoy the video as much as we enjoyed  making it.

5 comments:

  1. The video was so much fun to watch! Those are some SUPER fancy and FAST cars!! It looked like you were having lots of fun driving them too. =)

    I also enjoyed the wasabi scene when Ronnie realized just how powerful that stuff is (ha ha)!

    It looks like you had a really great time in Elko. I loved the editing and the music on the video too. You are sure getting good at this stuff!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jinxi
      We added to the video a bit with Pearl driving out of the driveway videoed with the drone. Its pretty cool and highlights her skills behind the wheel of the RV. She didn't even have to back up once (which I often have to do)

      We are really looking forward to hooking up with you and Steve and any of the grand-kids that are free to join in when we get to southern California. It seemed like a long way off but it is almost here.

      See you in a couple of weeks

      Delete
  2. The Camaro is a Z28 not the SS. :D
    Had fun with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it was a Z-28 but I just wanted to see if you were really reading the post.

      Now I have to beg your pardon in questioning your patronism. I confess I don't know the difference in "SS" and " Z28"
      "but my daughter does😉❤️"

      Delete
  3. I did not find the "easy" way for me to comment when you first posted this but I found it today. I enjoyed your fast car video along with witnessing your innerchild surface. I guess innerteenager would be a better description but maybe it never left you. I still think it is fun to watch your travels and experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Fun Week in the Florida Keys

We have been on  our  RV Adventure for almost 2 years now, and that was our original timeline to live full time in our RV and find our next ...