Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Having Fun in the Pacific Northwest



We have really been enjoying life in the Pacific Northwest. The temp has been perfect and the rain stopped once we arrived. I heard it is in the 110 degree range back in Las Vegas area and the folks are really suffering but not here.

Lance smoked up some Salmon for dinner a couple of days ago and it was great, he even cooked the corn on the cob on the smoker and it was excellent. I couldn't be more proud of that young man even if most of the credit should go to Lisa and those 5 kids. The grandkids got a fathers day card for Lance and one for me and each one of them wrote something personal on my card and it caught me off guard a bit and really made me feel good to read it. I am not a big card type guy but that is one I will save along with a couple from Pearl and some notes from the kids when they were young.

We have learned a new game called "Spike Ball", and if it doesn't kill us (Pearl has a broken or at least bent toe from it) it will definitely help burn up some of the calories we have been indulging in. You can't really tell how much fun it is with Pearl and I playing, but there is a couple of videos with the kids playing where you can kind of see how it works and how much effort it takes to win.

I got my drone a couple of days ago and finally got a little video with it. I only fly it up about 20 feet so far and just in our camp site but once I get to a clear spot and get a little more courage, we should be able to start getting some impressive video. It is definitely a lot of fun to fly but my old flying experience didn't help a bit.

We were talking about the house we sold in Vegas and asking each other if we missed it and we both agreed it is a non issue and we are loving this RV lifestyle where we can go and see the kids more regular. I asked Alex to try and get a couple of his buddies and come visit us in Oregon and we would rent one of the cabins for him for a day or two or three. He seemed to have an interest and if he can get some free time, I am thinking we just might see him up here in the next month or so. We sure hope so.

Steve and Jinxi own a condo in Eugene (or somewhere around there) so I am thinking we might be able to see them or maybe a kid or two or three sometime over the summer up here somewhere. The plan is to go down the coast and stop in to see Pearl's sister and other family around Sacramento this fall as the temps start falling as we head to South Texas for the winter. We are planning to hook up with lots of Texas family also in the November December time frame with just a little luck.

Enjoy the Video and feel free to leave your comments

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful video! I so enjoy each one of them. It sure sounds like a great time visiting with kids and grandkids! Thank you for each of the posts and allowing us to keep up with the Caddels in your part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like viewing them. I enjoy learning how to edit them as it keeps me busy & makes for a good excuse to get & learn to fly the drone.

    By the time we get to Snyder I will be much better plus I will have new talent to work with. 👍😉
    Love Ya

    ReplyDelete

Fun Week in the Florida Keys

We have been on  our  RV Adventure for almost 2 years now, and that was our original timeline to live full time in our RV and find our next ...