Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

Discussion with Pearl on some of her Concerns

Today we sat down to discuss some of the major concerns we feel many folks may have concerning the decision to live full time in an RV. We are staying at Tropic Winds campground which is located on the Gulf of Mexico in South Texas. While there are definitely constant Tropical Winds blowing, we have had considerable rain over the last few days. I feel it should be called TROPIC RAIN campground.

We didn't close several of the windows and we had rain coming inside the camper from several windows and vents but we were too focused on our discussion in making the video, that we didn't notice the rain pouring in right behind us. I doubt you will be as focused on the discussion as we obviously were, but maybe you will get a chuckle out it or the crazy rain storm. One of our neighbors said their rain gauge showed 5 inches in just over an hour.


Stay tuned for the ending, or just skip to the ending if you get bored to see what happens when Pearl leaves early in the car to secure our next campsite,about 20 miles away, leaving me to finish packing up and drive the RV to meet up with her. Obviously I was a little late in meeting her.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the video and hopefully everyone is nice and dry as you are watching.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! I hope that rain didn't do too much damage! What you guys are doing looks like fun. I've always thought I wanted an RV to traipse around the country in, but I don't think I could give up my stuff (or my house) to do it. Maybe I'll just go out for a month or two and then come back home for a while. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy, nope; we got lucky and no damage. It was quite a wet thunderstorm though. We moved to our next campsite 20 miles away and it was dry as a bone. I guess that is just Texas Weather.

    I think most folks, agree with you and want to keep their home and "Stuff". That is one of the best things about America, in that we all get to do it "Our Way". A month or two makes for a really nice excursion across America that I am sure you will really enjoy.
    Thank You for your comment and thinks for following our blog. I also post videos on Youtube and some of those videos are more RV centric. One that lots of folks have liked that are in the exact position you are in is titles something like "Do You Have an Exit Strategy?". If you have time you might want to check it out if you have thought about full time rv living at all. The Youtube channel is

    Youtube.com/justpassingthru

    Bob & Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bob and Pearl...I am Cindy Goss. You met my husband (Terry) at Victoria Palms a few weeks ago. We were just wondering if you would like to get together for dinner some evening. There are tons of great restaurants in Donna and Weslaco. Maybe we could meet at one of them one night next week? Just let us know if you are interested. You can email me at CindyCrowleyGoss@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy, Yes, I had a great visit with Terry and we would love to meet you two for dinner next week. I will send you an email shortly and we can set it up.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Fun Week in the Florida Keys

We have been on  our  RV Adventure for almost 2 years now, and that was our original timeline to live full time in our RV and find our next ...