Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Califlower Pizza Crust

As many of you know, we are trying to maintain a healthy diet (most of the time). Yesterday, Pearl asked for suggestions for dinner and I requested a Pizza (it was my birthday). In her effort to keep it a more healthy choice, Pearl looked up a Califlower Pizza Crust pizza recipe and found one.

She was going to make it a vegetable pizza but since it was my birthday I asked for a little meat on it (its a guy thing). Anyway, to make a long story short. It was Great and we will be doing it again, I am sure.

The only issue, and it was a minor one, was the Califlower had a little too much moisture left in it and the pizza slices were hard to pick up. We ate the first bite off the point of each pizza slice with a fork then were able to pick up the rest.

A viewer from our YouTube channel gave us her solution to the recipe which is almost identical to the one she uses. (wrap the Califlower rice in a paper towel and squeeze out any excess moisture prior to mixing into batter)

The pizza is super healthy (vegetarian version) and very good, if you are courageous enough to try it, I am sure you will like it. If you do try it, please give your comments below to let us know how you liked it and if the paper towel suggestion worked.












1 comment:

  1. Pearl beat me to trying this recipe! I think it sounds like a great birthday meal for you Bob! I loved watching the video and am glad to have the recipe/suggestions on your youtube channel from someone I know who has actually made cauliflower pizza. I have now placed it on my calendar to make this Saturday! You and Pearl are such a great team!

    ReplyDelete

Fun Week in the Florida Keys

We have been on  our  RV Adventure for almost 2 years now, and that was our original timeline to live full time in our RV and find our next ...