Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Camping on the California Coast

We left Riverside CA. this morning and was thinking we would be headed back to Las Vegas with a couple of stop off on the way, but the weather man said to expect High Winds all day today and peaking tonight at over 50 mph (gust to 80) in the high desert area between Riverside and Vegas. 

I have heard about this campground (parking lot) right on the beach in Ventura for a while and we decided to drive the 100 miles down the coast to see if we could find a spot. As it turned out we got the very last spot out of about 125 total. I didn't think there were any but as we drove down the highway, we found one and unhooked the car, did a little maneuvering and here we are.

Will be windy today, it's currently High Tide, but I think we have quite a bit of beach once the wind dies down and Low Tide arrives. We are planning to stay 4 days, we have our bikes and a bike path 5 feet from the coach to Ventura so let the fun begin. 











Pearl always wants to collect rocks from different places we go. I thought she had overloaded herself this time as she had about 6 of them and we still had to climb up to our campsite. It is fairly easy with both hands free but I had my doubts with 6 rocks. As usual she came through with flying colors.

 




7 comments:

  1. What an experience and what a view! Do you just climb down all of those rocks to get to the beach? That looks like it would take LOTS of talent to park the RV between those lines I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are several paths and stairways down to beach but it is pretty easy to just climb up and down the rocks and that is what we do. We were a little bit lucky in that the spot behind us had about 10 feet empty where they park their truck but it was gone so we had that room to maneuver into our spot. Not sure how we will get out though. Here is a link to us driving down the row of campers hoping to find a spot and then parking and a few other things. Kind of long (5 minutes) so I didn't post it but you can view it here

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gy2OhG7bEM

    I have no doubts that Steve could have parked it even with the truck in the spot behind us (he is amazing in Reverse).... Pretty darn good in Forward come to think of it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you both are having a blast. Such a beautiful spot. So glad you found a spot, I can only imagine how happy you were when you saw that there was one left :) Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you hit the nail on the head. I was worried about getting it parked and room for the car but once we saw that we would be able to fit in the spot I had a big grin on my face and it hasn't gone away yet. Southern California is a pretty cool place (a little crowded but cool)

      Delete
  4. I loved your videos. It looks so beautiful there! Your "Retirement" video is especially awesome. I can definitely see why you miss work and staff meetings so much. It must be just awful nowadays without all of that fun work-related stuff to look forward to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't forget, that is the world you are thinking about entering once you finish your education and decide to enter the work force. I can just imagine us all sitting on the beach at Nethalem Bay listening to you tell us about the Crazy Day you had at work. If i'm smart I will just smile and shake my head, but I will be thinking "boy howdy, am I glad I am finished with all that stuff"

    I know you are really looking forward to getting into your new career and I am just kidding a bit, but, in my mind you and Steve have had a great lifestyle so just be careful what you wish for because as determined as you are, I have no doubt you will get it....

    ReplyDelete

Fun Week in the Florida Keys

We have been on  our  RV Adventure for almost 2 years now, and that was our original timeline to live full time in our RV and find our next ...