Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Loving Texas

Well here it is the middle of November and we have been to 5 or 6 campgrounds since arriving in this Large but Lovely state. That isn't even counting the free camping we have done at some of your homes, cities and businesses (Thank You).

Every few days I ask Pearl if she is ready to consider Texas for our next home so we can start looking but so far I haven't made much progress. It seems the humidity and distance from Melissa and the rest of the family are the two main reasons. I'm not giving up yet but it appears it will be an uphill battle.

After leaving the cousins reunion at Lake Buchanan, we headed over to Lake Conroe for 3 weeks. This is one of Thousand Trails best campgrounds and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We did take one day and go into town to visit with our cousin Paul Ray and he took us out to lunch at one of our favorite places "Sweet Tomato" and it was ever bit as good as they are in Nevada. Thanks Paul

We have now moved on to the Colorado River Thousand Trails campground. It is much smaller and a little more rustic but nice. We have a good site with full hook-ups and 50 amp electric service which always makes it nice. The door on the cloths washer broke off yesterday so I spend the afternoon getting the old broken latch off and locating a replacement. I was able to find what I needed and it should be here Monday so we should be able to do laundry by Tuesday with a little luck.

We were able to drive up to Pfluggerville (Austin) a couple of days ago to visit with Clint and Laura. It was a great visit and Clint and I really enjoyed discussing different perspectives on how some management personnel may be lacking in recognizing and appreciating some of the talents their employees might possess as well as the value of those talents. I was able to see that some of my prior misconceptions may have been a little off base in this area. Luckily, I don't have to resolve this issue as I am out of the game and no one really cares what I think anymore and that makes us all happy!

Clint did show me some of his video talent as well as his knowledge of social media, boy do I wish I had some of those talents (I am guessing he picked up a few hints from Laura) to help me with my youtube videos. His stuff really looks great.

We still have another week here and then we head out to San Antonio for a couple of weeks before going down to South Texas for the winter. It has been a ton of fun and we have enjoyed visiting with family and friends along the way. We actually hooked up with a couple that we met up in Birch Bay Washington last summer here at Colorado River. Hopefully we will meet a few more down in South Texas but if not, I sure we will find some new friends along the way.

Here is the video for Lake Conroe and Colorado River but if you click on the subscribe link to our youtube channel, there are a couple of extra videos over there focusing completely on RV living, Retirement and other subjects that may not be as appropriate here on this blog.

I hope you enjoy the video


2 comments:

  1. You two re living the good life :)

    So glad that you are finally carrying out this dream of yours, the memories you are creating on this adventure will make for some fun stories next time you are back out here on the west coast. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are enjoying the blog/videos. I am really enjoying learning how to edit the videos plus it simply helps to fill the day and keep my old mind busy. I am even getting better at remembering peoples names as well as remembering campground locations.

    This getting old stuff isn't too bad so far!

    ReplyDelete

Fun Week in the Florida Keys

We have been on  our  RV Adventure for almost 2 years now, and that was our original timeline to live full time in our RV and find our next ...